RAISA: Oh, this is juicy. I find that probably the answer why I edited the gaps... was that... was fear of rejection really. Like, who's going to stay with five minutes of silence? They are going to be done; they're not going to listen further, or they... they are going to try to skip to the next. Like, they will find a more interesting bit, you know. Ummmm... and maybe giving them that freedom to be bored and giving them the freedom to skip, you know. Like...
SPENCER: What's wrong with that?
RAISA: Yeah. Yeah. Well that's when the control comes in, that's me being like, I want them to listen to it chronologically from A to B because the conversation has a flow and one sentence leads to the next and the magic of how it transforms and... but after they... after they hear that gap and they don't stay with it, they might want to switch it off and... and that's their freedom to do so.
SPENCER: Yeah, so why bother controlling that?
RAISA: I don't know, there's a dilemma, because I feel that there's a part of me that really believes that they would have a more powerful, juicy experience, they would gain more, the gift would be more if they would stay with it.
SPENCER: So that's your truth?
RAISA: So that's why I take out the pauses.
SPENCER: No, that's why you compromise.
RAISA: That's why I compromise, yeah. The present moment... well the present moment can be just as it is... I think it's unrelated to whether that person edited those gaps or not, you know. Once I've taken that footage and given it to you, it's up to you, it's up to you to experience whatever you want to experience or skip or whatever, or not even listen to it. Maybe you just don't want to listen to it, so it's up to you. Once... once it's given to you. And whether I've changed something or not is... is also irrelevant in a way, you know. Again, it just depends on you what you want to take, what you want to... what you want to be open to.
SPENCER: Yeah, i think what you're saying is is it OK to be me?
No comments:
Post a Comment